This permit allows you to move an unregistered vehicle from one location to another in Canada.

You must provide proof of ownership, proof of valid insurance, and a description of the vehicle including the make, year, and serial number. This permit is valid for a maximum of 7 days. The duration of the trip from one location to the other determines for how long the permit will be issued.

When a vehicle is being moved within Alberta only insurance and identification is required and will be issued for a maximum of 3 days.

You may also purchase an in-transit permit for servicing purposes and for test-driving purposes.

Steps in obtaining In-Transit Permits

  1. Gather together your bill of sale, insurance and identification
  2. Write down the vehicle’s current address (or location) as well as the destination where you wish to move the unregistered vehicle.
  3. Come into the Southland Registrations office with these documents and our friendly staff will be able to assist you.