Alberta Health Services

First Application

If you are moving to Alberta, click here for your first application form.

Making Changes/Corrections

Are you currently covered but you have moved, been married, had kids or have family arrive from out of province?
Here is what you need to update your health care information.

  • Address
  • Name
  • Add Spouse or Dependants

Click here for updates and changing of names and addresses.

Replacing my Health Care Card

Did you lose your wallet? Was it stolen? Did it have your health care card?
To obtain a replacement card we require Government ID with your name and birth date, such as:

  • Drivers License
  • Birth Cerificate
  • Passport

When you are ready to re-class your licence to a Class 1, come into our Southland Registrations office with all the documents mentioned above and our friendly staff will assist you.

Alberta Seniors Benefits and Medication Coverage

Did you just turn 65? Enrollment in Seniors Blue Cross Coverage is not automatic.
To be enrolled into seniors blue cross you are required to provide proof of your age. We would accept the following documents as proof of age:

  • Birth Certificate; or
  • Passport

If you do not have either of these you can always order one from your province of birth following the links on how to order a birth certificate

  • Alberta
  • BC
  • Manitoba
  • Newfoundland
  • Northwest Territories
  • Nova Scotia
  • Nunavut
  • Ontario
  • Prince Edward Island
  • Quebec
  • Saskatchewan
  • Yukon

Download free form here

Click here for more forms and information from Alberta Health.