To obtain a Criminal Record Check you must come into Southland Registrations and provide 2 pieces of personal identification and consent to having our office facilitate your application. Criminal Record Check results are no longer mailed to you as a hard copy. You only receive results electronically as a PDF of which you can print off.
What is a criminal record check?
A query based on name and date of birth of the RCMP National Repository of Criminal Records, generally used to determine the possible existence of a criminal record. “Incomplete” query results will prompt for a Fingerprint-Based Criminal Record Check. For more information visit the Canadian Police Information Centre at www.cpic-cipc.ca.
Businesses requiring Criminal Record Checks on multiple persons should contact Southland Registrations Ltd directly.
Businesses or individuals requiring a Vulnerable Sector Check for employment with children, senior citizens, or with people with disabilities should contact their local law enforcement office.
Steps to obtain a Criminal Record Check
- Come to the Southland Registrations office with 2 pieces of personal identification.
- Provide our staff with your full name, date of birth, contact information, email address, and address information going back 5 years.
- We submit the request and you’ll receive an email with follow up instructions. Enter your personal information into the secured site. If there’s a match, you could receive results right away. Otherwise, please allow 24 hours up to 3 business days for delivery of your Criminal Record Check certificate via email.
Should your name be flagged in the Criminal Record Check query, a certificate will not be sent and you will be contacted by Southland Registrations Ltd. to explain the next steps. This does not necessarily mean that you have a criminal record. This means that either you or someone with a similar name and date of birth has a criminal record. Only submission of fingerprints to the RCMP will be able to determine the answer.
For more information please contact Southland Registrations Ltd. Fingerprints may be submitted through one of our partner locations. Please visit www.fingerprinting.ca.
Acceptable forms of primary identification include
- Driver’s licence with photo – Any province or U.S. State
- Health Card (Photo type only)
- Birth Certificate
- Passport (From any country)
- Canadian Landed Immigration Papers (non-photo type accompanied with one other piece of photo ID)
- Citizenship Card
- Permanent Residence Card
- Any Canadian Government Photo I.D. Card
- Credit Card
- Bank Card
- Employment I.D.
* Secondary identification may be used if only 1 piece of primary ID is available.
** SIN cards are not acceptable.