Class 7 Requirements
- Applicant must be at least 14 years of age.
- Applicants must have parental consent if the applicant is under the age of 18.
- Applicant must provide proof of their legal entitlement to be in Canada (such as Birth Certificate or Passport).
- If the applicant is over the age of 18, they must provide proof of their Alberta address.
A parental consent form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. This form must be signed in our office.
Steps to Obtaining Your Class 7
- To start the process of obtaining your Class 7 drivers licence you must first take the written examination. Come into our office with your eligible identification to take a 30 multiple choice question examination. If you wish to come in to write an exam, please ensure that you arrive no later than 30 minutes before we close.
- The applicant must pass an eye examination administered by our friendly staff.
After you have passed your written learners examination, you can obtain a Class 7 licence card.
Learners Licence Holder Conditions
- Must be accompanied by a fully licensed (non-GDL) person who is seated next to the driver.
- Learners are not permitted to drive from midnight to 5am.
- Learners are not permitted to have more passengers than seat belts.
- Only 8 demerit points are allowed for learners.
- Have a zero alcohol level.
If learning to drive a motorcycle, you must be 16 years of age and are not permitted to drive during night time hours. You must be accompanied by a fully licensed driver who is 18 years of age or older and is either seated on the motorcycle with you or is following you in or on another motor vehicle.