Alberta Road Test Policies
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your road test and check in with one of our clerks.
- You must produce a valid road test permit purchased at our office.
- You must produce a valid Alberta Learners or Drivers licence (Exception: a road test may be taken by a suspended driver who has met all suspension requirements). If you have a temporary licence, you must also produce other government issued photo I.D. (eg. passport)
- You must provide a vehicle suitable for the class of license being tested. The vehicle must be in good mechanical condition (functioning seatbelts, unobstructed windshield, signals, lights, wipers, speedometer, horn, rearview & side mirrors, etc), and you must be able to provide valid registration and insurance for your vehicle. Your vehicle must also be clean and free from trash. If the examiner deems your vehicle unfit for any reason, your test will not continue. Commercial vehicles must have CVIP sticker.
- Depending on what class test you will be taking, you will also be required to provide:
- Class One: Medical and proof of knowledge test (test permit)
- Class Two: Medical and proof of knowledge test (test permit)
- Class Three: Air brake and proof of knowledge test (test permit)
- Class Four: Medical and proof of knowledge test (test permit)
- Class Six: Knowledge test
- If you are using a rental car, you will be required to provide a copy of the rental agreement with your name listed on the agreement. Vehicles rented from Car2Go are not eligible for testing.
- No passengers (including pets) will be allowed during your road test. No Exceptions.
- Please provide a second piece of government issued ID to reclass your licence.
Permit Conditions & Cancellation/No Show Policy:
- There are No Refunds on test permits. No Exceptions.
- Road test permits are valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Lost permits reported prior to your exam time will be replaced for a fee of $15.50. The lost permit will be cancelled and will no longer be valid.
- You may rebook your road test, without penalty, by contacting Southland Registrations Ltd. at least 24 hours prior to your exam time. You may rebook your exam any time within one year.
- Failure to show for your road test will result in the cancellation of your road test and permit, and all fees will be forfeited.
- Failure to comply with these requirements will result in you forfeiting all fees.
- Should a no charge road test be required for Government purposes, you must pay the booking fee which will be refunded once the road test is completed. Failure to comply with the above requirements will forfeit the booking fee.
For examination concerns, please contact AB Transportation at 403-297-6679.